PDA

View Full Version : .O50 aluminumRadiused coping

rothalion
11-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Have any of you guys had to fab radiused coping? I am open to advice! I have over the years done large radius' the current one has a 72' radius... and small say 30" dia. corners. I make a top shaped to the coping wall radius, notch and bend my tabs, but it has to be pretty smooth, any deviation especially a wallow creates havoc. Then I pittsburgh the face piece and the back piece and build the section by fitting the top into the face and back..Is there a better way? And no I can't farm it out to a factory that would be too simple. Looking at nearly 400' this time around. 400 feet of tops, 400 feet of faces and 400 feet of backs all notche and preped to be curved! Help!

john_galt
11-13-2010, 05:56 AM
Are you inserting your notches into the Pitt.? Is the alum coated or painted,raw?
Can you post a pic of it. Can you turn your edge that goes into the Pitt. Sorry for all the questions,I don't have much experience with that type of work. There's a thread that address's this from a couple of weeks ago if your doing what I think your doing.

cactassdupree
11-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Have any of you guys had to fab radiused coping? I am open to advice! I have over the years done large radius' the current one has a 72' radius... and small say 30" dia. corners. I make a top shaped to the coping wall radius, notch and bend my tabs, but it has to be pretty smooth, any deviation especially a wallow creates havoc. Then I pittsburgh the face piece and the back piece and build the section by fitting the top into the face and back..Is there a better way? And no I can't farm it out to a factory that would be too simple. Looking at nearly 400' this time around. 400 feet of tops, 400 feet of faces and 400 feet of backs all notche and preped to be curved! Help!

we have in the past taken 10' sheets of cardboard and made patterns. Espesially if the wall is wack. I am supposing that you are going to make the top a cheek and the front and back a wrapper. Sometimes a hem on the front helps. Sometime complain to the super about how out of wack the wall is. If you put a slight kick at the bottom by the hem that helps too sometimes. I've sen walls that are not only not very true they grow in width too. That's why I like to make cardbosrd patterns. Some will fit in more than one location. Good Luck.. Send us pics please. :) dupree

rothalion
12-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Yea I have a template for the top made from torch down roofing:(. Its white metal, ah no I can't do the turn in my machines so its notching and bending by hand if we go this route. Good news we will be doing this in 4' pieces! If we had done the 10' ones we would have had a regular cleat reciever kicked at 45 degrees. I will prpbably never see the job so pics are doubtful. Thanks for the help.

Oh remember THAT GUY...Our That guy says the wall is PERFECT! and that his template is EXACTLY the same no matter which side is up or down:)

cactassdupree
12-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Yea I have a template for the top made from torch down roofing:(. Its white metal, ah no I can't do the turn in my machines so its notching and bending by hand if we go this route. Good news we will be doing this in 4' pieces! If we had done the 10' ones we would have had a regular cleat reciever kicked at 45 degrees. I will prpbably never see the job so pics are doubtful. Thanks for the help.

Oh remember THAT GUY...Our That guy says the wall is PERFECT! and that his template is EXACTLY the same no matter which side is up or down:)

Do me a favor and let "that guy(fool)" that there is only One that is perfect. That's the Fact Jack. :) dupree

rothalion
12-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Do me a favor and let "that guy(fool)" that there is only One that is perfect. That's the Fact Jack. :) dupree

Ughh! I am so over this THAT GUY... How do we survive them? Love to let him know but...my fear is that if their planed stuff doesn't work it will of course be all my fault :(